If you’ve already incorporated AI into your daily routine, kudos to you! You’re likely delivering meeting notes, proposals, and client responses with remarkable efficiency and generating unique brainstorming ideas in seconds rather than hours. As a freelance digital project manager, strategist, and UX designer working with various creative agencies and organizations, I feel that as an industry, we may be lagging behind in fully utilizing it. As I continue to explore and employ AI in my work, it becomes clear that mastering the art of interaction with ChatGPT will be a crucial skill for every creative professional.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a service that fills a unique niche in the world of AI. You ask a question with specific details in this chat app, and within milliseconds, it provides you with high-quality output. By refining your questions, you can make the output even more tailored to your specific needs.
How ChatGPT can enhance your role as a digital project manager
Here are some ideas ChatGPT came up with:
- Acquisition and sales: ChatGPT assists in crafting compelling email templates, conducting market research, and suggesting sales strategies and pricing models based on industry trends.
- Project budgeting and planning: Creating project budgets, timelines, identifying dependencies and red flags can be streamlined with AI assistance. ChatGPT can also offer insights for cost-saving measures and optimization.
- Leading a team and meetings: Leadership tips, team-building advice, and facilitation techniques for meetings are readily available.
- Being a scrum master: If you’re working with Agile methodologies, ChatGPT can provide guidance on best practices, sprint planning, and issue resolution.
- Operational efficiency: From checklists to process optimization and risk management, ChatGPT can be your go-to resource.
- Generating ideas: ChatGPT can provide ideas for project approaches, digital strategies, branding concepts, and problem-solving.
How I’ve leveraged ChatGPT in the last 3 months
In the past months, I’ve harnessed the power of ChatGPT for a variety of tasks. To give examples:
- For a client’s data strategy company rebranding, I used ChatGPT to generate branding concepts based on the company’s description, values, and goals. It not only described concepts but also provided visualization ideas.
- ChatGPT crafted several paragraphs for project proposals, including a phased approach.
- I utilized ChatGPT to enhance the consistency, spelling, and grammar in an advice report.
- ChatGPT helped me brainstorm payment model ideas for collaborating with another agency to reduce their risk and increase my profits.
- It composed an article on why my client’s organization should establish an editorial team for their content-heavy platform.
- Raw notes from usability research interviews were transformed into concise end-of-study summaries with ChatGPT.
- Collaborating with a new client, I pasted their briefing and additional input, then co-authored a proposal with ChatGPT’s assistance.
- When I couldn’t recall the term ‘thought leadership’, ChatGPT quickly provided the answer based on my vague description.
- For email correspondence, ChatGPT easily pinpointed questions that went unanswered, saving me time.
So, what are you waiting for? Go experiment. I’d love to hear your experiences.
This blog article was created using ChatGPT 3.5. In the spirit of transparency, you can review my conversation with ChatGPT here.
Be mindful that ChatGPT can use your data for training purposes so best not to put any confidential or personal identifiable information in it.